Goat Agribusiness Project (GAP)
HPSA's primary work is through the Goat Agribusiness Project (GAP). The project is working with over 20 000 farmers in five districts in KwaZulu Natal. These are Mzinyathi, Thukela, King Cetshwayo, Zululand and uMkhanyakude.
It is a partnership between HPSA, Mdukatshani and Provincial Department of Agriculture and National Department of Rural Development and Land Reform.
Objectives of GAP
- Create small businesses among local youth to support farmers through a Community Animal Health Worker (CAHW) program
- Commercialise local goat herds
- Improve production in local homestead herds
- Create and strengthen value chains around goats
- Support and target academic research on issues experienced by farmers
- Support basic animal health of chickens and cattle in rural areas
- Build state capacity to take these successes forward
Click button below to go this site
© Copyright HPSA